We offer a variety of preparation, both power and sail. Our services cater for recreational and professional requirements, and can be tailored to your marine needs.
SWBENZ is not a RYA School, however personalised training up to the level for Yacht Master Offshore/MCA Certificate of Competency assessment is provided.
SWBENZ is an approved Yachting New Zealand training provider up to the level of ISAF Overnight Skipper Certification and Advanced Sea Survival.
Yachting New Zealand is the National sailing Body of New Zealand.
- The RYA/MCA Certificate of Competency is Internationally recognised.
- Potentially the minimum requirement to be a certified as a skipper on a Red Flagged vessel.
- The qualification to skipper boats up to 24m or 200gt on either power or sail.
- Practical assessment and exam is in the from of up to 8 hours per person being examined.A minimum of 2,500 miles, with 5 passages being over 60 miles long. You must have acted as a skipper for a minimum of two of these passages. 2 passages are to include overnight passage.
- The candidate must have, Marine radio operator’s qualification, Current first aid certificate, ENG 1 or Seafarers medical and Advanced Sea Survival.
Pricing is tailored on an individual basis, depending on what preparation the candidate requires. All costs exclude GST. This can be based on a minimum time and or tailored to included Sea Survival Certification, VHF and MROC Certification.
A requirement by Maritime New Zealand, for non-commercial boat users (Marina operators, etc.) which meets the requirements set down by the organisation and Occupational Health and Safety NZ.
- Part 35 Maritime New Zealand training